Friday, May 22, 2015

Cycling on the homestead

Once a month I still have a bill to pay. I pay my bill by doing the following. 

1.  I use a cold, damp towel to ease the pain of menstrual cramps. 

2.  I use a boiled and cooled down towel to help alleviate severe menstrual cramps. Don't I have a hot water  bottle? 

3.  I use reusable cloth diapers to catch the flow. Yes, I'm on THE RAG. When I change them out I put them in my rag bucket with water and a touch of bleach. Later I wash a group of them together and let air dry. 

4.  At this time I make one packet of chocolate pudding mix in a half cup of reconstituted powdered milk. It almost tastes like soft fudge.  Mmmmm! Fuuudge!!! 

5. On my heaviest days where I just bleed out, I simply sit in an area where I let the flow catch. Just like biblical times. I sit in my "red sauce clothes"  on the dirt. In the end (no pun intended), I add this to the composting.  


When I'm cramped up I don't eat much. I simply rest, recuperate, and day dream.  I might read a book or think up a story. I might knit something. Like Ulysses' wife, I'll start a project and tear it apart. I use a crappy yarn to do this. It keeps me busy and helps me learn a new stitch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment