Friday, May 15, 2015

The Food In My Backpack

     I never did get around to telling you what I had in my backpack for food. I was too busy surviving and eating it to write it down. Well, here it goes. 

     Along with the clothes I mentioned before (polos, pants, underwear, etc...) the dry mix of fruit punch (10 pouches. Shoulda got more!) and water bottles the following could be found SQUEEZED into my pack(Toni's food was similar to mine cuz I did the shopping!):

1. 3-qt powdered mix of milk. That's 12 cups of milk. Directions taped to gallon bag.  A measuring spoon was taped to the bag, as well. 
2.  Dry mixes of chocolate pudding In a qt bag. 
3.  Cereal bars in a bag. 
4.  Multi packs of mini sticky Raisins! No sticky isn't the name brand. They really are sticky! In gallon bag
5. 24-pack flavored oatmeal(squeezed tight) in gal bag 
6. 1-16 oz bag, rice sealed in gallon bag. At 2oz that 8 servings. 
7. 1-16 oz bag, beans sealed in gallon bag. 8 servings. 
8. A lot of jerky and cheese in nooks and cranny of my bag 
9. Trail mix in a pouch sealed in a gallon bag 
10. 1-qt bag of varied powdered drink mixes (coffee, tea, sport drink, flavored  mixes) 

11.  Various seed packets of fast growing vegetables. In a gallon bag. 
 
12.  Dry soup mixes in a gallon bag. 

   The chocolate pudding mix is a LIFE SAVER! I hide it still. I make a dry mix packet with milk once a month! I bought a lot of these travel kits back in the day. No matter what I put in or took out the chocolate mix STAYED! 

  I added the coffee even though I didn't drink it at the time. I thought one never knows in the future. The coffee helps to alleviate headaches. Gotta be the caffeine.  I traded some of the coffee for food or work. The rest I have secured away for future use. 

     You can't survive long term without growing your own food. Homesteading. That's what we're doing now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment