Sunday, October 20, 2013

My homemade, waterproof, reference journal

The homemade, water proof, reference journal I made had to be thin enough and small enough to fit in my backpack. A glossy folder was used to protect the journal. Sheet protectors were used to place the pages in. Smaller fonts were used to fit more information in. Information had to be weeded through as to what to accept and what to omit. 

• How to make a solar oven. One sided. 

• How to thresh wheat followed by how to turn wheat into flour. 

• A two sided reference guide for knitting was included. That's my primary skill and I need it. 

• A two sided reference for sewing was included. Likewise a primary skill. 

• Four sewing pattern were included. Very basic and generic. Short sleeve tunic and pants for adults, heavy set, and children (scrubs). Also included as the fourth was a pattern to sew feminine napkins. 

• When to plant/harvest produce. Table for produce planting buddies. How much is needed per person. 

• Directions on how to preserve the harvest were included. Dehydrating and canning. 

• First aide directions were included on a two sided sheet as well. It came from a Red Cross pamphlet that was already water proof. 

• Photocopies of all my pertinent identification and a family tree were included. Pictures of family and friends. I got a smaller copy for my wrist/ankle wallet. 

• Recipes on baking and cooking from scratch. Measurement equivalencies, substitution lists. Three pages long, both sides; small print (pica) 

• Directions on morse code and semaphore. That's one page two-sided.  I could give a class on that.   

• Important prayers and biblical verses and parables. 

• Maps of my previous local area cities. They have no meaning here. I did include an atlas map of the nation. Still worthless because I don't know where we are. Three pages- both sides. 

• Short stories to entertain and educate. A lot of fairy tale poems. They are two pages-- both sides; pica.  

I'm planning to put all if this to good use for myself and the community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment