Thursday, July 31, 2014

I have new clothes!

     I was lucky! Toni brought me a change of clothes! I'm bigger than she is so it's not like we can share clothes. She actually wore one of my shirts over her own layers. She also wore one of my denim skirts over her bottoms. Because I'm bigger my clothes were not bursting over her clothes. The fact that we reunited was a miracle as well. She didn't know what happened to me. Then she heard people were being "picked up" and "moved out" on the spot. She got herself ready in case she got "picked up" as well. She layered her clothes then put on a change of my clothes to "polish it up". She was ready to sell my clothes first if she had to.  Glad I found her first! 

Me: "Toni, isn't that my shirt?"
Toni: "uh, yeah. 
Me: "Toni, is that my skirt?
Toni: "okay. Yes it is."
Me: "Did you gain weight? Are you pregnant?"
Toni: "shhh. Shut up!. I'm wearing layers. Your clothes fit over mine easily."
Me: (surprised and insulted) "I see." "So I can have my clothes now, right?" 
Toni: (grumpily, agitated). "Yeah. Here ya go." She takes off my shirt and throws it to me. She takes off my skirt and tosses it at me. 
Me: (happy, ecstatic) "Thank you." 
Toni: "You want your socks, too?." (She flings them at me. 
Me: (surprised!) "Give 'em up now." (Doing dance of joy)
Toni: "before you say anything, here's your scarf, too!." And she rolled it in a ball and threw it at me. 
Me:  I scowled at her when she did that. However it was short lived. "Thanks!." I told her. 

     I'm so happy to have an extra pair of clothes!  A shirt, a skirt, a scarf and a pair of socks. Toni was actually happy to un-layer as well. It's warm, right now, here in camp. She said it was still freezing back home. She said she couldn't believe it when her group was told they were actually going to a warm place. Back home we've been in a deep freeze so long "warm" is actually "hot" to us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment