Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Roommate, Toni

     When I finally saw my old roommate, Toni, I was very happy. Finally a familiar face. Of course she also happened to show up with some people from the neighborhood. Apparently, she was rounded up, in house, with the rest of the neighbors. However, she was prepared. She had tied to HER barrel bags and bags of personal belongings. She also had her backpack filled with personal emergency items, and a combo cane/chair! 

     What surprised me most was what she was wearing. Layers upon layers of clothes. She reminded me of Anne Frank arriving at the Secret Annex and un-layering her clothes. Seven panties!, shorts, leggings, pants! And still she had space for her long johns. For her top she had three t-shirts, three tees, two blouses, a thick pullover sweater, a sweater with a hoodie and her overcoat. Let's talk socks! She had on more socks than I ever thought possible. One of them is mine! Shoes! Regular closed shoes with galoshes over them! Perfect for this weather either way! All this layering on of clothes left her backpack free for other things. I'll leave that for another session. 

     Thank goodness she brought extra bags! That's another story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment