Monday, June 8, 2015

The Camp Pitcher

The Camp Pitcher made from a 2qt sports bottle.    

     Let me tell you about my 2 Qt pitcher. It's not a traditional pitcher. It used to house the sports drink I bought in it. I have since finished the sports drink. It now houses plain water, powdered milk or flavored drinks such as, fruit punch, grape, or lemonade, respectively. 
     Occassionly I will make powdered milk and pour it in there.  Each night I make sure I have finished out the milk and wash out my camp pitcher. Then, following the directions I wrote down for each packet I'll divide the powdered mix for three quarts of milk into 1-qt each.   I pour in one-Qt dry powdered milk mix and a quart of water. After I put the lid on the bottle I shake the bottle until the bottle is FULLY dissolved. I'll shake it to the left; shake it to the right; shake it up and down. I'll even roll it to be sure. I'd hate to have a clump of dry mix in one section of the bottler. 

     Knowing when I need to bake bread, tortillas or add milk to my recipes I take a smaller bottle and pour a good mix in to it. From that smaller bottle I'll pour in the amount I need to bake bread, or make cream of some soup! 

     Always, I water down my milk after I have used the right amount as an ingredient in cooking or baking. I'll keep it in the shade or my make shift cellar.  

     Toni likes my pitcher. She wishes she had kept her 2 Qt bottles. She threw them away when she finished her drinks! Many a times she's asked to use my camp pitcher to make one of her drinks. However, when I let her use my camp pitcher she was very possessive of it.  
"Hey, can I borrow your sports bottle to make a drink? 
"Can you wash it? It's dirty."
"Are you drinking my drink?" She questioned after I poured myself a cup. 
"Here's your bottle back." She had given it back to me without washing it! 

     After that episode I never lent it to her again. She grumbled at my decision. She looks for my camp pitcher, sometimes. I can tell. She's looking for something, but won't tell me what it is. 

     It's her own fault for losing the PRIVILEGE of using my sports bottle. She's lazy, rude and obnoxious!   Now she realizes her mistake! But it's too late. She has to make do with her 1-pt. bottle. 

     Don't throw anything away that can be upcycled or recycled. Always trade what you no longer want or need, for what you do need. AND, Don't trash your roommate's stuff.  

P. S. 

And yet keep your place clean and neat! That's my problem! All the knick knacks add up to a mess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment