Saturday, June 20, 2015

Trading post pt 1

The Trading Post 

     Today I started out early to the trading post. I took my shopping basket, ration card, walking/self defense stick, and a group of allied neighbors who will watch each other's backs. Once or twice I had to veer away from a strange person or two. My group was quick to defend me from those pesky human blood suckers. 

"Please, can you spare a morsel?" "Please, a slice of bread." Most intriguing; "How much?" "How much for what?" "Do I have to spell it out? It's not illegal anymore." "Get away!" 

     Then my allies came and started hitting them with anything they had. I used my walking stick, keeping my basket close to me. My ration card is deeply hidden in my bra pocket. I wasn't too worried about that. Still, if they had gotten my rations, I wouldn't survive past a week. My card doesn't leave my presence. 

     At the trading post I tried to use my rations to the best of my abilities. 


50 credits maximum. 

1.  Spinach 11 credits 

2. Grapefruit 10 credits 

3. 2-cans, condensed  of soup 12 credits total 

4. Asparagus 14 credits 

5. Green Beans 14 credits 

1 credit left over 

     We can't take more than 3 cans of soup. Found that out when a couple tried to take 6 cans at once. They tried to leave with them, no matter what!    The situation was bit fearful at first. I thought they'd put up a fight and start a riot. 
The authorities surrounded them.  Their names were taken down. They were given half credit this week. Next week, they'll get their full 50 credits again. Next time, they'll be banned for a week. Anyone trying to buy them groceries will also be placed on the list. 

     The authorities have put out signs everywhere stating what is and is Not Allowed. Along with the "law policies" were warnings of penalties. I think that's what shut them up quickly. 


     P. S. 

     Very soon clothing will be coming soon. They'll be taking in community surplus as well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment