Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Toni's animal husbandry

     My roommate, Toni was given a goat and her foal(?)--kid.  Already we have felt their presence. They are constantly chewing, and chewing, and chewing. When I realized they had gotten into the tent I yelled at Toni to get her beasts out of my stuff! They can't help but chew! So!, chew the grass OUTSIDE! Coral them!, drive a stake in the ground and tie them to it! Something! Keep them away from our things! 

     Because the mama goat had a kid she is lactating. Interesting goats milk, Toni!  The goats had been named and tagged by the government. Mama goat is registered as  Carmen; her son,  Sandiego. 

     Toni was given a pamphlet on the care and feeding of goats. She had better read up in it! I've already milked the goat once or twice. Where do we store the milk? Or sell the milk! I can see that. But Toni is responsible for her goat. She needs to milk it! 

     I tethered the mama goat to a stake in the grass far from the tent. The kid stays close to his mom. When he starts to stray he'll get tethered too.  

     Now where is that pamphlet on goats? 

No comments:

Post a Comment