Sunday, June 7, 2015

Toni's second day; pt 4 dinner and laundry

     I'm not surprised Toni's appetite shrunk again. She didn't have such a "glamorous" day today. In fact, her afternoon activity and dinner prep didn't go as planned. It all started with the laundry. 

     With the amount of food and energy packed away from lunch she retrieved more water and began to wash her clothes. "Be careful how much soap you use." I advised her. "My clothes stink like hell!", she roared.  While she did her laundry, I did mine, as well. 

     I took a set of my clothes and put it in my wash bag. I put in low suds soap and water. I closed the bag tightly and began to rub the clothes in the bag. When I was done, I did a rinse. I hung up my clothes to dry. I was done. 

     Toni was still washing her clothes in a bucket. She had too much soap giving her too many suds. In the end she needed more water to rinse her clothes out. She decided to take her clothes to the river to rinse out. She came back later in a frenzy. "Don't tell me I can't rinse the soap out at the river! I'll do what I want, when I want, and how I want!"  People had followed her back to camp. This was not good. They had tried to explain to her where people did their laundry---in a section AWAY from the river. Not AT the river. AND NO PEEING IN THE RIVER. NO FLOATERS EITHER!

    It was reported back that Toni not only tried to rinse her clothes in the river, but used it as her personal toilet, as well. Er Ma Gerd!! Take her away. Someone take her to a new tent. 

     When the brouhaha died down, and the people left, I was left to have a serious talk with Toni. I gave her her only warning. After that she had to move on to her own property. Which, really, she should do soon! 

     That didn't mark the end of Toni's day. She still had to have dinner. She had to make her own dinner and clean up. 
      Remembering the mess from earlier, Toni's dinner was much, much lighter than lunch. For dinner she had a packet of oatmeal with water. She cooked the oatmeal in the pot. That meant she had to wash her pot. She should have boiled the water in the pot, put the oatmeal in her bowl, and poured the hot water into her bowl.  Then, let the oats cook in hot water for three minutes. Well, I don't care. "It don't matter to me." As the saying goes. It ended up mattering to her. 

     She had to find dish washing detergent to wash her pot. She had washed her pot with industrial soap that left a chemical taste in her mouth. After washing her pot, she boiled water for coffee. She noticed a strange smell, but didn't say or do anything about it. After the water boiled she poured it in her mug. She added the coffee mix to her water and stirred. She put the mug to her lips, blew the coffee cool, and took a sip. Immediately, she spit it out! "What the hell? This tastes like soap!! This is shit!", and she threw out her coffee and boiled water. 

     She looked in her wheeled bin for dish washing detergent. She took out a lot of her equipment before she could get to her 12 fl oz dish washing detergent. Then it was time to put her equipment back. Back went the toiletries, the gardening and construction tools, and the books. Back went her nuts, bolts, and screws. Back went her knick knacks. Back went her groceries!  Everything went back into her wheeled bin. She never looked at her bin again! 

     After she washed her pot and mess kit she finally made herself her cup of coffee. Relaxing, she went to sleep early at night fall. 






www.eartheasy.com scrubba wash bag (th) (c)


No comments:

Post a Comment