Saturday, June 27, 2015

Trading post 6.27.15

     This week Toni and I went to get our groceries from the trading post. We traded in eggs, milk, and queso blanco. We got good credit on the white cheese. 

As usual we each claimed three cans of condensed soup. They had cans of mixed vegetables today!! We each got a can. We got two bottles of a commercial sports drinks. Then we each got a can of a different vegetables. I got potatoes, while she got sweet potatoes. We then got a can of fruit each; grapefruit and fruit cocktail. 

     When we traded our dairy and eggs we got flour, sugar, and salt.  We also got 1 lb of beans and 1 lb of rice. Now we can make our own oral rehydration drinks. With the flour and sugar I'm gonna bake this week! I'll definitely make tortillas. Maybe I'll bake a cake. Maybe I'll make a custard. Do I have all the ingredients? 




From website about military rations during WWI and WWII. Not mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment