Tuesday, April 9, 2013

DAY ONE WTF PT 2

You can only take 20 food items or 20 credits of food items.  Remember you will need hand tools,

bedding, clothing, hygiene.  Good Luck!"

     It became a madhouse, then.     As soon as people got their trashbin barrels they ran to the food

sections.  People started fighting over food.  Others started crying.  A few gave up all together.  Those people were picked up and put on the bus.  That bus was already filled with crying people.  It left right after
loading up the "cry babies" as one man stated. I was lucky I almost ended upon that bus, as well. When I realized it wasn't a robbery but an evacuation my courage returned. I was able to breathe normal again. I started to uncurl myself and look around. I was still guarded. I was still hidden under the counter until one of the military men lead me out from under there.
He was about to take me to the bus when I snapped out of it and grabbed a trash-bin barrel and started "shopping". I still had the three bottles of medicines so I put those in my pockets. I didn't dare take off my backpack to put them in. I'd lose it in the process.

The food section was being fought over. The military cordoned it off and demanded a list from people. I took a sheet off their emergency preparedness list they posted all over. I turned it over and wrote my 20 items/credits list. I handed it to them. They told me to return or wait for five minutes. I waited. In seven minutes I had my groceries. Good or bad, that was it. By now the military was at EVERY AISLE. Each aisle now demanded a list. I quickly wrote my lists--thanks to the emergency preparedness sheet I handed them each to the guards. Each one told me 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, seven minutes(?!), et cetera...

People were pushing and shoving. I got any shoving match with a couple that wants my food. They rated to the bus with what they had so far. I was given the evil eye and a warning that the next fight would see me on the bus.

I kept to myself and waited. I went to automotive/gardening to pick up my tools and garden supplies. I was happy to get my soil and seeds. I chose my fast-growing veggies. I tried to make sure to pick vegetables that can be partnered for optimal growth; good luck.








No comments:

Post a Comment