Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Clothes

I have only told you of the clothes I was wearing when I was evacuated. I never told you of the change of clothes in my backpack, or the change clothes at the store. Well, let me tell you now...

In my backpack I always tried to keep a change of clothes in case of an incident away from home; an evacuation, a pull out, a shelter in place at work, etc... So I tried to put in clothes that would work for me in everyday life; top, bottom, bra and panties, bathing suit, socks.

Originally I was thinking of shorts for bottoms, but then I thought, what if its cold? What if I have to go to work? What then? That made me think of the BIG PICTURE. I may still have to work in an emergency. It may be cold during the emergency. I want the clothes to be practical and modern. No out of date clothes. Oh, good luck with that. The first change of clothes had me putting in clothes I was ready to donate to Goodwill Industries or the Red Cross. When I took a good look, I realized I didn't want to be caught dead in outdated clothes anymore. Also, seeing as my work has a solid colored shirt and navy pants for a uniform, I decided to forgo the polka dotted shirt and red pants (thank goodness). Instead I went with a solid color polo shirt to match my work, and navy blue pants legging.

Underwear is easier. I put in a sports bra and two-dark, cotton brief panties. Socks, a pair is nice; two is better. I added a two piece bathing suit, just in case for bathing. You never know where you'll be bathing. That's what I had in my backpack, tightly folded up and placed in a plastic bag.

At the store, I ended up picking up another set of clothes; 2 tops, 1 bottom, 1 underwear, and 2 socks. When I picked my clothes from my closet I was able to mix and match. At this store I wasn't able to do that. I asked for a clothing item of a certain size and color, they gave me the size, not the color. So that combination does not match in itself. They do mix and match well with my other clothes though.

At the store they gave me a yellow tunic and grey shorts. After all is said and done, I still get shorts. Oh---kay. Black socks. They gave me men's black socks. Not a problem really. I feel sorry for the man with pink women's socks. I might be tempted to trade with him... For a price...

No comments:

Post a Comment