Tuesday, April 9, 2013

DAY ONE WTF!!!

     I was in town, minding my own business when the big thumb of the government was pressed down on

 me! :( :) :( .  It was the coldest day EVER!  Don't tell me climate change doesn't exist.  It was so cold I was

wearing my typical underwear (top/bottom), LONG JOHNS!, a tunic and shirt.  I had on pants, two pairs

of socks!, a scarf, mittens and finally a winter coat.  On my feet; hiking boots.  It helped keep the wind and

rain out.  On my head I had a hat on.  Why I was out on a day like today I don't know.  I should've been

home.  Oh, yes...my roommate was sick.  We didn't have any medicine at home so it fell to me to get it. 

Since we were short on cash---we only had $3.30 between us, I went to a discount store to buy the

medicine.  I was about to pay for the aspirin, cough medicine and peptic medicines when the store was

closed off to the outside public. 

     People started freaking out.  Our cashier started balling, "Please don't shoot!  We'll give you the money.

Please... don't... kill... us."  Parents held their babies close to them.  One or two parents actually abandoned

their children to run to safety!!  One came back for the children.  The other cried hysterically, "LET ME

OUT! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"   I was third in line at the register.  I ducked down behind the person in

front of me.  "Please don't see me. Please don't see me," I whispered.  I started saying one OUR FATHER

and 10 HAIL MARYS.  And then repeated.

Soon the spokesperson of the group spoke up.  "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.  May I have your

attention?!  You are being evacuated to a different habitat You will be given a trashbin and credit for 100

items or 100 credits.  You have 45 minutes.  Think about what you need for you and your family. 

Once you leave this area there will be no more resources to help you.



No comments:

Post a Comment